Wednesday, January 10, 2018

BOOK MARKETING: WHICH BOOK COVER DO YOU LIKE THE BEST FOR SEVENTH DIMENSION - THE HOWLING: A Young Adult Fantasy





Cover One

Cover Two

Cover Three

Cover Four

Cover Five

My cover designer Lisa Vento gave me twenty-one sample covers for Seventh Dimension - The Howling and I’ve narrowed it down to these five. Let me know which one you like the best or the one that would most likely grab your attention at a bookstore.

Two comments:  There are two protagonists in the Seventh Dimension Series, Shale and Daniel. Shale has appeared on two of the previous book covers. Daniel has not appeared on any, so I feel like I should have an image of him on the final cover. 

On the other hand, while romance has been an underlying element in the series, it has not been a dominant theme. I’m not sure why having a female on a book cover seems less romantic than having a guy on the cover. So, that’s why I’m asking for your thoughts.

The covers are labeled one through five, so if you are inclined, you can let me know in the comments your favorite or your thoughts.  

I’m doing research now on Seventh Dimension - The Howling and can’t wait to begin writing. 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks, Deb. That is my favorite also, except I'm torn if I need to have the image of the guy on the front since it's the last book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like covers 3 and 5. There seems to be too much empty space at the top of 5..It would be good if you could add Daniel's face from cover 3 to the top of cover 5. I need to catch up on the series so I can read The Howling when it is released!! I cannot wait!! I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like number 3 as well! I do like the idea of having Daniel on the cover and you still get the birds, lightening etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cover 1 first, and then cover 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a mix by everyone. Make it hard to choose. Thanks for your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the last cover the best.

    ReplyDelete